Nursing Scholarships are awarded once a year in June. Eligible applicants will receive a one-time scholarship, which will be presented at HANA’s Annual Scholarship and Awards Luncheon. Mandatory attendance to the luncheon is required for recipients of the scholarship. For more information, please call HANA of Maryland at (240) 221-1915 or email:email@example.com
CRITERIA FOR THE HANA SCHOLARSHIP AWARD 2017
- The student must be Haitian* or an immigrant and has shown significant contributions to help improve healthcare needs of Haitian communities both domestically and internationally.
- The student must submit a scholarship application
- The student must be currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program.
- Recipients MUST join HANA of Maryland, Inc. for at least 1 year from the scholarship retrieval date and MUST maintain at least 75% of ACTIVE participation.
- The student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. An official transcript must be submitted.
- The student must submit a written essay no more than 350 words, describing (1) why you have chosen nursing as a profession and (2) as a nurse how you can make an impact within the Haitian American community.
- The scholarship application, official transcripts and essay must be received no later than Sunday April 18, 2017 via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and mail official transcripts to P.O. Box 2092, Greenbelt, MD 20768-2092.
- Each applicant will be interviewed by HANA’s Executive Board of Directors to determine eligibility. Those selected for the interview will be notified via telephone. Interviews will be held on the first Saturday of the month of April at 2:00PM. Interview location will be provided at a later date. Professional attire is required.